Sea Level Rise Workshop
Sea Level Rise in Island County - Workshop
Island County has been working with Washington Sea Grant as part of the Washington Coastal Resilience Project to increase local and regional capacity to plan for sea level rise and coastal hazards. Through this project, a set of probabilistic sea level rise projections were developed utilizing the latest science, and designed to be used on a community scale.
The MRC saw the opportunity to bring this information to the community, to help individuals and communities learn about local projections, and start discussions for planning and adaptation. The MRC hosted two workshops on sea level rise in Island County on September 28, 2019. Below are the materials and presentations from that workshop.
- Resources and Contacts Page
- Sea Level Rise Glossary
- Island County Sea Level Rise Average Projections
- Projections Table and Map Exercise: Instructions and Worksheet
- Dr. Ian Miller - Sea Level Rise in Washington State: What it is and why its happening
- Bridget Trosin - MyCoast App and King Tides
- Anna Toledo - Local Community Strategies
- Meredith Penny - Island County Shoreline Master Program Update